Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Asian *CRACK* slaw is worthy of its own post

First of all, how GREAT is Pinterest?? I spend my nights in utter awe of all the goodness that website has to offer and I've been diligently pinning dinner recipes for weeks now. Pinterest will truly make me a better cook, I am CRAZZZZY in love with it.

Speaking of Pinterest being a phenomenal resource for recipes.......

Asian CRACK slaw. I am an automatic fan of any recipe that has crack in the title. You will recall I called the yogurt sauce from my Greek burgers crack-like addictive. Anywho I decided to make this because it looked relatively simple and like something that would pair nicely with a soy/ginger marinated chicken breast.

CRACK slaw indeed. This stuff is delicious.......scrumptious, I want to bath in it and eat the whole bathtub!!

Do yourself a favor and get this stuff ASAP:
Slaw-
Bag of cole slaw mix w/carrots
5 sliced scallions
1 cup slivered almonds
3 tbs sesame seed
1 package of ramen noodles (minus the seasonings)
3 tbs butter

Dressing-
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tbs soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar *don't put this all in at once, pour some and taste. I did not use all the sugar

Melt butter and add almonds, broken up ramen noodles and sesame, cook until golden- remove
Add this mixture and scallions to cole slaw mix and toss in dressing. Let refrigerate, taste incredible cold.

Even Winnie wanted in on the action! YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment